Hannah Montana is just a fictional character from Disney’s television series of the same name. However, don’t tell that to your daughter, who might be a fanatic fan of Hannah Montana. And, if she wants a Hannah Montana-themed birthday party, here are some suggestions.
Get Your Kid Involved
There are 1 000 000 ways to help your kids to be organized, but the most underestimated way is asking them to help you plan their own birthday party. I know you might disagree with me as it can sound pretty harsh to ask your kid to help you plan their own party when it’s supposed to be their day. However, most parents I see today tell me that their kids are completely unaware that they need to have more integrity in their lives. I don’t mean this in a harsh way but I also think that by incorporating your kid in the party planning phase, you’ll have a more successful birthday party.
Since your kid is a Hannah Montana fan, she’ll know the perfect ideas to make her wildest dream come true. For instance, you can let her choose the party decorations or the designs of the invitations you will send to her friends. If your daughter is good at DIY stuff or with handcrafts, you can even let her cut out pictures and make the banners and posters. I also suggest that you let your daughter choose the party activities and the party music – trust me, you don’t want to end up getting on her bad side on her birthday by missing out on her favorite Hannah Montana song.
And, as for the party food, I think it’s best if you take the upper hand; otherwise it’ll be a party with just cakes, cookies and chocolates.
When the pandemic hit the world, many people were forced to postpone or even cancel meaningful events like weddings, big family gatherings, graduation ceremonies and many more. Even if countries are no longer restricted by lockdowns and social distancing measures, there is a need to take precautions. So, instead of inviting a huge bunch of kids, it is better to invite only the close friends of your kids.
A general rule of thumb is to have your kid’s age plus one for the number of guests. For instance, if your daughter is turning eight, you are not supposed to have more than nine guests. But, it’s best to ask your daughter who she wants to invite. And, once you’ve got the list of guests, start working on the invites. You can either opt to create some nice digital invites or create music-inspired invitation cards by customizing them and making them look like concert tickets.
Hannah Montana Supplies and Decorations
If it’s Hannah Montana-themed party, the decorations need to scream “Hannah Montana!!” So, here are some suggestions on how to decorate your daughter’s birthday party:
- Greet your guests with a huge Hannah Montana personalized banner.
- Roll out a red carpet to give a “star” vibe to your party.
- If your budget allows you, get a nice life-size cutout of Hannah Montana.
- For the centerpiece, you can buy a Hannah Montana ‘Rock the Stage” centerpiece.
- Decorate the room or hall with hot pink, purple, blue or golden balloons.
- Old CDs can be hung from the ceiling.
- Beaded curtains are also great options.
- Decorate with glitters and gold star cutouts.
- It’ll be nice if you could have some Hannah Montana guitar piñatas.
- Keep in mind that decorations need to be flashy, colorful (if not all hot pink)
And, when it comes to party supplies, I think you can easily order some Hannah Montana-themed plates, cups and napkins. The tables can be decorated with Hannah Montana picture frames while little golden stars can be glued to chairs.
Hannah Montana Games and Activities
A party isn’t complete without some great music and activities, right?
So, here’s a list of what your daughter and her friends can do at her birthday party:
- A karaoke contest with Hannah Montana songs
- An impersonator contest where kids are asked to dress up like characters from Hannah Montana’s show or as other pop stars. And, prizes can be awarded to the Best Dancer or Best Singer.
- Play Who’s Hannah Montana’s Number One Fan.
- Or, you can simply have them watch a bunch of episodes of Hannah Montana.