Finally, the most torturous time for students is over. Now, make room for a grand party with good food along with foot-tapping music.
The Planning Phase
What makes a good party? The answer is planning.
Initially, there will be a lot of things that will come to your mind like inviting every possible student to your class, hiring a DJ or serving a big batch of cocktails. But, I think the most important thing about planning a party is to make sure the following goals are met:
- To not leave anyone hungry
- To have a good space where everyone can enjoy interacting with each other
- To make the guests feel cared for and welcomed
- And, finally, to have a good time
It’s often easier to plan a two-person party because there’ll be fewer requirements. However, if you want to throw a party for all your friends, here are some guidelines on how to start preparing and planning for it:
The Party’s Location:
When organizing a party, you are confronted by many decisions and choosing a venue for the party is often the one and only decision that will have the greatest impact on your event. Usually, I’d suggest organizing your party at your own place – you can either opt for a nice indoor party or an outdoor BBQ party in your garden. However, if you think your house or apartment is too small to accommodate all your friends or if you know your mom’s going to be after your life if your friends create a mess in the house, you can try renting a venue or organizing the party at one of your friend’s place or in a local park.
The Party’s Theme:
A party is always exciting when it features a specific theme. However, it can be difficult to choose the right theme when you don’t have a clue about who your guests will be or what do they like the most, for example. Let me throw out a few random suggestions and it’ll be up to you to choose:
- Netflix Theme Party: This is one of the most popular party themes of 2022. It’ll include red-themed items and red décor stuff. You can invite your friends to binge-watch one of the latest or most famous shows/movies on Netflix.
- K-Pop party: This is new but already popular and everyone can guess why. The decoration can include anything bright or metallic. You can also display cute miniatures of all the members of your favorite K-Pop group. For the party outfits, you can either keep the dress code party casual or urge your guests to come wearing their favorite K-Pop band tees or merch. Obviously, the party food needs to include Korean dishes like rice cakes, ramen, black bean noodles, tteokbeokki, jajangmyeon, stir-fried rice with beef and kimchi. It’d be even cooler if you could serve these dishes with disposable chopsticks.
- Disney theme party: If you are a Disney die-hard fan, you can either choose a Disney Superhero theme that includes Black Panther, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and Captain America or a Disney Princess theme that consists of Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel, Snow White, Merida, Pocahontas and Aurora. For more information about organizing a Disney theme party, click here!
- A spa party: This would be really relaxing after exams. So, if you want to learn everything about organizing a spa party at home, click here!
What do people like about parties?
Well, some go for the drinks while others go to be the center of attention and some just like to be around people and have fun. Party “animals” will tell you that the “rock and roll” is the most important part of a party.
There’s no party without music, right? So put on some great music and let the crowd have fun.